15 to 20% of our income comes from licensing Pythagoras music to companies and production companies (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.). This category is named synchronization. Every day we receive requests through our network and via specialized platforms. The pricing is often determined through negotiations. Here are some notable examples from the recent period:
– Gillette’s Venus commercial, which has been extended for another year: Dermaplaning in 3 Easy Steps | NEW Gillette Venus Facial Razor Starter Kit – YouTube
– Gaines Flings extended their commercial featuring “I Swear” for a quarter: Gaines Flings Commercial – YouTube
– Easyjet used “Also Sprach Zarathustra” in their commercial, Pythagoras owns a part of the copyright: Easyjet – nextGen easyJet – VCCP – YouTube
– Pythagoras owns a part of the copyright for the influential Hip Hop track “I’ve Got 5 On It.” This song was used in the American Express commercial last quarter: Get cashback with the American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card – YouTube
– We have also extended the United Airlines/Emirates commercial for this period, featuring our latest acquisition, “Come Fly With Me”: United and Emirates — Come fly with us – YouTube
– In episode 6 of season 3 (April 19, 2023) of the hit Apple TV series ‘Ted Lasso,’ the football team travels to Amsterdam for a friendly match against Ajax. When Ted walks into an Amsterdam café, “Venus” (Shocking Blue) and “Pastorale” (Ramses Shaffy) can be heard, both songs for which Pythagoras holds rights.